Finding someone’s playlist on Spotify is simple to do once you know where to look. However, there are multiple different ways of doing so. Here’s a look at one of the fastest methods.
Open Spotify on your PC or Mac.
- Click Friend Activity.
- Click on the name of the friend who you want to view.
- Click See All next to Public Playlists.
- View their collection and click on any playlist you wish to listen to.
How Do I Find Someone Else’s Playlist?
If you haven’t already added someone on your Facebook friends list to Spotify, the process to view their playlists is slightly different. Here’s what you need to do to find someone else’s playlist.
- Click the Add Friends icon next to Friend Activity.
- Find the name of the person you wish to add.
- Click Add next to their name.
- They will now show up in Friend Activity.
- Click their name in Friend Activity or click your name > Profile > Following to view their activity.
Why Can’t I Find My Friend’s Playlist on Spotify?
If you can’t see your friend’s playlists on Spotify, this can be for a few different reasons. Here’s an overview of the most common issues.
- Your friends haven’t made their playlists public. Not all playlists are public. If your friend hasn’t made their playlist viewable by all, you won’t be able to see it.
- Spotify needs updating. If you’re using an older version of Spotify, you can still listen to music but some functionality may be limited including the ability to add friends or view their playlists. Update Spotify for the most reliable experience.
- Spotify hasn’t indexed the playlist yet. There are some issues with Spotify indexing new playlists quickly enough on the service. If the playlist is newly added, give it some time before searching for it. In the meantime, your friend can share the playlist via the Share Playlist function directly.
How Do You Find a Friend’s Playlist on Spotify Without Facebook?
If you don’t want to connect your Spotify account to your Facebook account, or you don’t have a Facebook account, you can still find a friend’s playlist. Here are a few different methods for finding them.
- Search for their name. If the friend’s name is unique, type their name into the search bar at the top of the desktop app.
- Look up their username. If your friend knows their username, you can search for it by typing spotify:user: followed by the friend’s username.
- Ask for a link. Your friend can share their playlist links with you. It’s the easiest way of finding their playlists although it does require assistance from your friend.
Check out the original post here.